Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Helen Keller did Nature Study!

"I had my first lessons in the beneficence of nature. I learned how the sun and the rain make to grow out of the ground every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food, how birds build their nests and live and thrive from land to land, how the squirrel, the deer, the lion and every other creature finds food and shelter. As my knowledge of things grew I felt more the delight of the world. Long before I learned to do a sum in arithmetic or describe the shape of the earth, Miss Sullivan had taught me to find beauty in the fragrant woods, in every blade of grass, and in the curves and dimples of my baby sister's hands. She linked my earliest thought with nature and made me feel that 'birds and flowers and I were happy peers'."

The Story of my Life
Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment